PADI Underwater Naturalist Adventure and Specialty Dives
Diving is all about what you see beneath the surface. When you’re underwater, you’re in a world filled with fascinating creatures, plants and other-worldly landscapes.
Admiring the beauty beneath the waves is one thing, but appreciating how the underwater environment functions, on a more complex level, is something that will enhance your diving experiences in ways you might not expect.
The better you understand the aquatic environment, the more you’ll be able to savor the sights you encounter on your dives. In this course, you’ll learn how the interaction of fish and plant life effect the environment and each other.
This and so much more can be learned when you’re participating in our Aquarium Underwater Naturalist Adventure Dive and Specialty.
What You’ll Learn During Your Dives at the Aquarium
Dive 1 - Adventure Diver or Specialty Course
- Key differences between the terrestrial and aquatic worlds
- Major aquatic life groupings, interactions and information to dispel myths
- Responsible interactions with aquatic life
Specialty Course - Dive 2
- How to interact responsibly with aquatic life
- Understanding aquatic life behavior
- The role of aquatic plants, food-chains and predator/prey relationships
Course Prerequisites & Documents
- Be a certified Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver from any recognized training organization
- Be at least 10
- 10 & 11 year olds must also read and sign, along with a parent or guardian, the Youth Diving: Responsibility and Risks Acknowledgement form and view the Youth Diving: Responsibility and Risk Video (see below)
- Complete the Underwater Naturalist Knowledge Review found in the PADI Advanced Open Water manual
- PADI Medical Statement (PDF)
- Continuing Education Administrative Document (PDF)
- Statement of Understanding (PDF)
- Aquarium Scuba Diving Waiver (PDF)
- Youth Diving: Responsibility and Risks Acknowledgement form
- View the Youth Diving: Responsibility and Risk Video (below)
Course Fee – two options
- When completed as a standalone PADI two-dive specialty – $249
- It’s included in the $295 fee when completed as one of the three Adventure Dives in our Adventure Diver course.
- One (Adventure Dive) or Two (Specialty Dives) in the Shipwreck Exhibit aka, “Shark Tank”
- All SCUBA equipment
- Either a PADI Specialty Certification Card and digital photo or credited toward the PADI Adventure Diver Certification, when completed with our Aquarium PADI Adventure Diver Course
- One (1) Aquarium admission (that day)
- Use of a private locker room & showers
- PADI education materials
- Mask, Fins, Snorkel & Booties (these may be rented in advance)
- Swimsuit, towel, personal hygiene items
- Locker for locker room (not required but recommended
Note: Due to concerns about exhibit contamination and animal safety, you are only allowed to use your own mask, fins and snorkel.
Important: Please bring shoes (Keens, flip-flops, water shoes, etc) to wear on the wet deck. Sorry, no bare feet allowed.
Sign Up Now
Click to see the upcoming class schedule and reserve your spot now, or call (303) 789-2450!
Please note: Cancelling less than one week before the starting date will result in a forfeit of your payment.