Scuba Review, Refresh and ReActivate!
Haven’t been diving for awhile and want to refresh your diving skills? Or maybe you’re getting ready for a cool vacation to the islands and want to brush up before the big trip. Regardless of your needs, our program is the perfect way to update your diving skills and knowledge before your next dive.
The best part is, PADI divers who complete both the (OPTIONAL) PADI ReActivate Online or Touch and in-water skills review can receive a replacement certification card with a ReActivated date on it.
IMPORTANT NOTE BEFORE YOU BEGIN: Your PADI certification does not expire!
FIRST – you can begin refreshing your knowledge of diving using the (OPTIONAL) ReActivate Touch (for tablets or mobile devices) or ReActivate Online (for your personal computer). During your online training you’ll immerse yourself in dive scenarios and make decisions that test your understanding of important dive safety concepts, dive planning essentials and problem management. The independence of PADI ReActivate Touch or Online allows you to move at your own pace and delve deeper into various topics at your leisure.
Note: There is a separate $59.95 fee for the (optional) PADI ReActivate Touch or Online
SECOND – Water Skills Review. During the in-water session our A-1 Professional will help you regain comfort and confidence in scuba diving. You’ll practice general dive skills such as equalization, mask skills, buoyancy control, weight system adjustment, using an alternate air source and anything else you would like to review, to help restore your mastery and build self-assurance for your upcoming adventure.
Note: There is a separate fee for the in-water aquarium dive
NEW CERTIFICATION CARD – In order to receive a new PADI certification card you must:
- Be a PADI certified diver
- Complete the (OPTIONAL) PADI ReActivate Online or Touch
- Complete an in-water skills review with an A-1 professional
Note: Your new PADI replacement certification will have, “ReActivated thru” date on it. Your PADI certification does not expire
Note: Unfortunately you will not be able to participate in the program without showing your A-1 Professional proof of certification and presenting the following (completed and signed) documents
Proof of certification
Complete the following forms and provide a copy of each to your A-1 professional:
- PADI Certified Diver Experience Programs Liability & Assumption of Risk Form (PDF)
- Student Profile and Emergency Contact Information form (PDF)
- Standard Safe Diving Practices Statement of Understanding (PDF)
- PADI Medical Statement form (PDF) Note: should you answer any medical question with a “yes” you will need a physician’s signature on the medical form stating you are fit to dive
- Aquarium Scuba Diving Waiver (PDF)
- Should you cancel or transfer FOR ANY REASON less than 48 hours before the starting date of the course, all fees will be forfeited
- Should you cancel or transfer less than seven days but more than 48 hours before the starting date of the class, there will be a $75 transfer/cancellation fee
Course Fee – $195 per person
This program is for people who haven’t been diving for three years or LESS! If it’s been more than 3 years since your last dive, please contact the A-1 Education Department to schedule a private scuba session.
Note: There is an additional fee for a private session
- Skills review at the Denver Downtown Aquarium, in the Under the Sea Exhibit
- Use of all equipment including wetsuit
- One free pool session at A-1 Scuba and Travel Aquatics Center
- Approximately 3 hours of instruction Note: Due to concerns about exhibit contamination and animal safety, you may only use your own mask and fins. All other equipment will be provided.
- (1) day pass (that day) to the aquarium or free parking pass (that day)
- PADI ReActivate Touch or Online ($59.95) – (OPTIONAL) but highly recommended
- Swimsuit, towel and personal hygiene items Please bring shoes (Keens, flip-flops) to wear on the wet deck. Sorry no bare feet allowed.
- Logbook (recommended)
Note: you will receive a new PADI certification card if you complete the PADI Touch or Online ReActivate and an the in-water skills review at the Denver Downtown Aquarium
Where do you go from here?
After your Scuba Review, you’ll be prepared to go diving, continue your diving education and even be ready to Dive With The Sharks at the Downtown Aquarium. Fantastic!
Please note: The Aquarium Scuba Review has a minimum enrollment of 3 students and is structured for people who haven’t been diving for three years or less. If it’s been longer than three years since your last open water dive, please contact A-1’s Education Department for details. Thank you.
Sign Up Now
Click to see the upcoming class schedule and reserve your spot now, or call (303) 789-2450!
Please note: Cancelling less than one week before the starting date will result in a forfeit of your deposit.