Your First Two Open Water Dives at the Denver Downtown Aquarium
This is a perfect way to begin your open water certification by completing your first two (of the required four) dives in the “perfect setting.” Offered on most weekends, this incredible two-dive experience provides the opportunity to complete the majority of the required PADI Open Water Skills in, “one of the most incredible diving environments in the county!” Once you’ve completed the first two dives at the Aquarium, you’ll only have a hand-full of skills to complete during your final two open water dives done elsewhere! Once you’ve done all four dives you’ll have attained your PADI Open Water Diver Certification.
The many benefits of completing your first two dives at the Aquarium include:
- It’s located in the heart of Denver
- The diving is “incredible” with great visibility
- You’ll complete your first two open water dives in great a saltwater environment
- It will provide an easier transition to the ocean
- The majority of your Open Water skills will have already been completed, leaving only a handful to finish on your final two Open Water dives
- It’s a very short driving distance from home, saving you time and money
- The use of all scuba equipment (regulator, BCD, computer, pressure gauge and exposure suit) is included
- Note: Mask, fins and snorkel are not included but can be rented at A-1 Scuba & Travel Aquatics Center
- NO hotel expenses
- You’ll be able to complete your final two Open Water training dives in only one day
- You’ll be up close and personal with more cool critters than you ever thought possible
- It’ll save you 12-16 hours of driving time to the Crater or Blue Hole
Prior to participating in the open water dives, you must:
- Have completed PADI Modules 1-3, Confined Water dives 1-3 and Completed the Confined water 10-Minute tread
Note: Those taking their course at A-1 will have completed all five PADI Modules, all five Confined Water dives and both Swimming Assessments (10-Minute float & distance swim)
- Those who completed their classroom and pool training elsewhere will need to bring:
- Current PADI Referral Letter (no older than 12 months)
- Copy of your signed PADI Medical Statement (PDF)
- You will also need to complete the following forms
- Liability Release and Assumption of Risk Agreement (PDF)
- Standard Safe Diving Practices Statement of Understanding (PDF)
- Youth Diving Responsibility and Risks Acknowledgment (PDF)
for children under the age of 12.
- Aquarium Scuba Diving Waiver (PDF) Please bring a copy of this form with you
Fee – $275
- Entry to the diving area
- Two training dives
- BCD, Regulator, Gauges, Wetsuit and Computer
- One (1) Aquarium admission (that day)
- T-shirt (it’s cool)
- Use of a private locker room & showers
Note: you will be assessed an additional fee for open water training dives 3 & 4 wherever you choose to complete them.
- Surface Signal Tube (you will need this for your open water dives)
- Mask, Fins, Snorkel & Booties (these can be rented)
- Open Water dives 3 & 4
- Either aquarium admission to the main exhibits or parking
- Swimsuit, towel, personal hygiene items
- Locker for locker room (not required but recommended)
- PADI Log Book
Note: Please bring shoes (Keens, flip-flops, water shoes, etc) to wear on the wet deck
The Fun Part
The Scuba Diver certification opens the door on the underwater world for anyone who’s thought that a course would take too long or be too difficult.
Sign Up Now
Click to see the upcoming class schedule and reserve your spot now, or call (303) 789-2450!
Please note: Cancelling less than one week before the starting date will result in a forfeit of your deposit.