PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Course
at the Downtown Aquarium
If you want to fine-tune your buoyancy and soar over reefs, extend bottom time by reducing air consumption and prolong the life of your dive equipment, the Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty course is for you.
What will you learn?
During your two dives at the Downtown Aquarium you’ll learn:
- Basic Weighting Guidelines to determine the correct amount of weight you will need
- Proper weight positioning for streamlining and visualization
- Fine tune your buoyancy underwater
- Be a PADI Open Water Diver, Junior Open Water Diver or have a qualifying certification from another organization.
- Be at least 10 years of age.
- Complete the Peak Performance Buoyancy Knowledge Review found in the Adventures in Diving Manual
- COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING FORMS
- PADI Medical Statement (PDF)
- Continuing Education Administrative Document (PDF)
- Statement of Understanding (PDF)
- Aquarium Scuba Diving Waiver (PDF)
- Youth Diving: Responsibility and Risks Acknowledgement form
- View the Youth Diving: Responsibility and Risk Video (see below)
How long will it take?
- Approximately 3-4 hours (starts at 8am)
Course Fee: $249.00
- Two dives in the Dining Room Exhibit
- Classroom instruction
- BCD, Regulator, Gauges, Wetsuit
- PADI Specialty Certification Card and photo
- $100.00 SeaLife Camera Set Gift Certificate for use on any current model SeaLife DC1400 Camera Package
- Peak Performance Buoyancy Crew-Pak
- Mask, Fins, Snorkel & Booties (these may be rented)
- Parking at the Downtown Aquarium
Note: Due to concerns about exhibit contamination and animal safety, you are only allowed to use your own mask, fins and snorkel.
*There is a reduced fee if you have completed the first dive in the Adventures in Diving Course. Please call us for more information.
Sign Up Now
Click to see the upcoming class schedule and reserve your spot now, or call (303) 789-2450!
Please note: Cancelling less than one week before the starting date will result in a forfeit of your payment.