Fish Identification Specialty Course at the Downtown Aquarium!
Have you ever asked yourself, “What the heck is that!?”
If so, this course will provide you with the basics, so the next time you’ll know the answer.
What you’ll learn
Dive 1 – Adventure Diver or Specialty Course
- Key differences between the terrestrial and aquatic worlds
- Major aquatic life groupings, interactions and information to dispel myths
- Responsible interactions with aquatic life
Dive 2 – Specialty Course
- Perfect your trim
- Learn techniques to improve streamlining
- Learn how to effortlessly hover vertically or horizontally
- Be a Open Water Diver, Junior Open Water Diver or have a qualifying certification from another organization
- Be at least 10 years of age
- COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING FORMS
- Medical Statement (PDF)
- Continuing Education Administrative Document (PDF)
- Statement of Understanding (PDF)
- Aquarium Scuba Diving Waiver (PDF)
- Youth Diving: Responsibility and Risks Acknowledgement form
- View the Youth Diving: Responsibility and Risk Video
How long will it take?
- Approximately 3-4 hours (starts at 11am)
Course Fee: $249.00
- One (Adventure Dive) or Two (Specialty Dives)
- All SCUBA equipment
- Either a Specialty Certification Card and digital photo or credited toward the Adventure Diver Certification, when completed with our Aquarium Adventure Diver Course
- One (1) Aquarium admission (that day)
- Use of a private locker room & showers
- Education materials
- Mask, Fins, Snorkel & Booties (these may be rented in advance)
- Swimsuit, towel, personal hygiene items
- Locker for locker room (recommended)
- Fish Identification Slates (recommended)
- Fish ID Books (recommended)
Note: Due to concerns about exhibit contamination and animal safety, you are only allowed to use your own mask, fins and snorkel
Important: Please bring shoes (Keens, flip-flops, water shoes, etc) to wear on the wet deck. Sorry, no bare feet allowed
Sign Up Now
Click to see the upcoming class schedule and reserve your spot now, or call (303) 789-2450!
Please note: Cancelling less than one week before the starting date will result in a forfeit of your payment.