Discover Scuba Diving
Ever since you can remember you’ve wanted to try scuba diving, right?
Maybe you watched a cool movie on television showing scuba divers playing with dolphins or one of your friends just returned from a dive trip to the “Islands” or maybe you’ve always dreamed of diving on a WWII wreck. Whatever your reason, we’ve got just what you need to Discover what it’s like to Scuba Dive.
Its lots of fun, easy to do and in no time at all you’ll be blowing bubbles underwater with a 400-pound Queensland Grouper, rays, lazy Nurse Sharks and a whole bunch of their cool fish friends.
So if you want to find out but aren’t quite ready to take the plunge into a certification course, our Discover Scuba Diving experience will let you try scuba to see if you like it.
Here’s What You’ll Learn
First of all, you’ll quickly discover just how easy it is to breathe underwater. Your instructor will describe and review some of the basic safety guidelines and skills needed to safely dive underwater. Then you’ll head underwater and experience one of the most unique activities you could ever imagine.
What diving equipment will you use?
We will provide the use of all the basic scuba gear including a mask, fins, regulator, buoyancy control device, dive gauges, tank and exposure suit.
- Be at least 10 years old
- Be in reasonably good health
- Complete the Discover Scuba Diving Releases and Medical Questionnaire (PDF)
- A ‘Yes’ Response on the previous Medical Questionnaire will require you and your physician to complete and sign the PADI Medical Statement Form (PDF) stating that you are fit to dive. This is ONLY needed if you have a ‘Yes’ response to any of the medical questions on the Medical Questionnaire.
- Download and complete the Aquarium Scuba Diving Waiver
Unfortunately, we will not be able to allow you into the water, for either program, until the proper documents have been completed, signed and presented to your instructor
Fee $205 per person
- Scuba diving in the Under the Sea Exhibit at the Denver Downtown Aquarium with Rays, Groupers and tons of their friends. It’s the same exhibit where we conduct our Dive with the Fish program
- Professional A-1 Guide
- Use of all Scuba/Snorkeling equipment and exposure suit
- On the day of the experience you’ll receive either entry to all Aquarium Exhibits or Free parking
- PADI Discover Scuba Diving Participant Guide
- Commemorative T-Shirt
- A $25 coupon to be used when enrolling in the A-1 Open Water Course
- The experience from start to finish takes approximately 2 hour
- Swimsuit, towel and personal hygiene items
Note: Please bring shoes (Keens, flip-flops) to wear on the wet deck
Please note: This is not a certification course. Additional training is required in order to become a certified diver
You’ll be met in the Divers Lounge at the Aquarium by an A-1 guide at 10:30am. Your guide will collect your Aquarium Scuba Diving Waiver and Discover Scuba Diving Releases and Medical Questionnaire and, if applicable, PADI Medical Statement form, signed by you and your physician stating you are fit to dive.
From there you’ll be escorted to a private locker room where you can change into your swimsuit. Be sure to bring a pair of thongs/flip-flops/Keens, towel and other personal hygiene items. Then you’ll head to the dive deck to be fit with your equipment, given a pre dive briefing and then jump in the water for the time of your life! Depending on the number of people in the program, you should be done by 12:30pm. Of course, there are no guarantees, so please be on time and be flexible.
Sign Up Now
Click to see the upcoming class schedule and reserve your spot now, or call (303) 789-2450!
Please note: Cancelling less than one week before the starting date will result in a forfeit of your deposit.
Your Next Adventure
Once you complete your Discover Scuba Diving experience, you’ll want to check out our Open Water Diver Course.