AWARE – Fish Identification Course at the Downtown Aquarium!
Have you ever asked yourself, “What the heck is that!?”
If so, this course will provide you with the basics, so the next time you’ll know the answer.
What will you learn?
- Gain experience in basic fish identification techniques
- Practice fish identification strategy, planning, organization and procedures
- Learn the characteristics of fish families and species
- Be informed on Project AWARE and aquatic protection worldwide
- Sketch or describe unfamiliar fish
- Be a PADI Open Water Diver, Junior Open Water Diver or have a qualifying certification from another organization.
- Be at least 10 years of age.
- Complete the Aquarium Scuba Diving Waiver (PDF) and provide it to your guide at the aquarium
How long will it take?
- Approximately 3-4 hours (starts at 11am)
Course Fee: $249.00
- Two dives in the Dining Room Exhibit
- Classroom instruction
- BCD, Regulator, Gauges, Wetsuit
- PADI Specialty Certification Card and photo
- $100.00 SeaLife Camera Set Gift Certificate for use on any current model SeaLife DC1400 Camera Package
Not Included (but highly recommended)
- Fish Identification Slates
- Fish ID Books
- Mask, Fins, Snorkel & Booties (these may be rented)
- Adventures in Diving Manual
Note: Due to concerns about exhibit contamination and animal safety, you are only allowed to use your own mask, fins and snorkel.
Sign Up Now
Click to see the upcoming class schedule and reserve your spot now, or call (303) 789-2450!
Please note: Cancelling less than one week before the starting date will result in a forfeit of your payment.