A-1’s Dry Suit Specialty Course
Wanna stay warm and toasty on a dive? Would you like to see the spectacular and prolific aquatic life often found in cooler water climates? If so, you’ll need to stay warm and that means a dry suit. Yes! Unlike a wetsuit, a dry suit seals you off from the outside water and that keeps you warm! Even in surprisingly cold water.
The Fun Part
Dry suits let you dive more challenging dive sites, and extend your dive season. When you have the right cold water attire, you can stand up to the elements and take advantage of the generally better visibility offered by winter months—especially at inland dive sites such as quarries, lakes, sinkholes and caves etc. As a dry suit diver, you’re equipped to scuba dive some of the world’s incredible dive sites in the world’s cooler regions that are best enjoyed in a dry suit, even in their warmer months.
What You’ll Learn
During this course you will:
- Complete a pool dive (required for those who have never used a dry suit). During the pool session you’ll learn a number of skills including: putting on and removing a dry suit, various buoyancy control skills, proper ways to ascend/descend, scuba and weight system adjustments and more
- Complete two open water dives
- During your open water dives you will learn:
-The planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of dry suit diving
-Dry Suit buoyancy control skills
-Ascent and descent technique training
-Preventative maintenance and performance checks on dry suits
- Take a digital photo and complete your PADI online certification form
The Learning Materials You’ll Want:
The PADI Dry Suit Diving Student Kit is highly recommended but not required for this course. The kit includes a Dry Suit diving manual and DVD.
- Certified junior open water diver or equivalent
- Be 10 years old
COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING FORMS
- PADI Medical Statement (PDF)
- Continuing Education Administrative Document (PDF)
- Statement of Understanding (PDF)
- Aquarium Scuba Diving Waiver (PDF)
- Youth Diving: Responsibility and Risks Acknowledgement form
- View the Youth Diving: Responsibility and Risk Video (see below)
Course Fee – $ 275.00 per person
- 1 Pool dive and skills review in the A-1 pool
- BCD, Regulator, Gauges, Wetsuit and Computer
- 2 dives at the Downtown Aquarium
- Entry to all Aquarium exhibits
- Approximately 6 hours of instruction
- PADI specialty certification card and photo
- (1) day pass to the aquarium ($15.99 value)
- $100.00 SeaLife Camera Set Gift Certificate for use on any current model SeaLife DC1400 Camera Package
- Use of drysuit (must have your own)
- PADI Dry Suit Specialty Kit (not required but highly recommended)
- Mask, Fins, Snorkel & Booties (these may be rented)
- Parking at the Downtown Aquarium
- Swimsuit, towel and personal hygiene items
Your Next Adventure
You can apply this Specialty course towards your Master Scuba Diver certification.
Sign Up Now
Click to see the upcoming class schedule and reserve your spot now, or call (303) 789-2450!
Please note: Cancelling less than one week before the starting date will result in a forfeit of your payment.